Search This Blog

Thursday, February 10, 2011

SMILEY FACE :)






You know what is admirable in the Philippines and of Pinoys everywhere? Is that a smile is readily given, any time of day, anywhere you are. No matter what the occasion, may this be a birthday party, a funeral (yeah I know) or just a simple get together, a smile is always there to greet you.

I've been to parts of Asia, Middle East and the US, but rarely do I see smiling faces when you see someone down the street. In Pinas, you hardly see people that aren't easy going and smiling. It's like the face muscles of Pinoys are programmed to smile whenever possible. It's just natural for us.

You ask a stranger here for directions, the first thing you'll see on their faces is a frown. But in Pinas, what you'll receive is a smile and then an answer. If they don't know the answer to your question, they would STILL smile and politely, apologetically say sorry. Now that's what you call courtesy and it is very humbling to see someone who you don't know showing you so much respect.

I've asked and have been told by a lot of foreign friends that their Pinoy friends and acquaintances are the friendliest people they've ever met. They say they feel at ease when they talk to Pinoys because they are courteous, respectful and always have that smile ready.

FUN FACT:
Did you know that it takes twice as much face muscles to frown than to smile?

That's probably why Pinoys typically look young for their age. I'm 31 and I still get asked for my ID whenever I get myself a beer. Yeah I'm that good looking and baby faced... ehem.... (Sorry...if that didn't turn you off, then I don't know what will).

But seriously, people out there, especially Pinoys, keep those smiling faces up. Smiles are contagious, just try it.

Thanks and watch out for more blogs :)

R

No comments:

Post a Comment